Compassionate Advocates providing Resources, Education, and Support
NEAMA C.A.R.E.S.™ Program
The NEAMA C.A.R.E.S.™ Program offers free, trauma-informed, one-on-one confidential support to those in the movement arts community seeking guidance on physical, psychological and sexual wellness and safety.
Click here to get in touch with one of our Compassionate Advocates
Topics within our scope of practice
- Sexual Abuse Prevention, Response, and Recovery - (Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, Grooming, Healthy Boundaries, Objectification and Sexualization, Ally vs Bystander)
- Injury Prevention and Response/Physical Health - (Sports and Performing Arts Medicine, Psychology of Injury, Physical therapy)
- Mental Health - (Anxiety, Depression, Grief, Suicidal Ideation, Body Image and Eating Disorders, Performance Anxiety, Perfectionism, Healthy Social Media Habits, Self-Esteem and Self-Compassion)
- Abuse of Power - (Conflict of Interest, Benefits of Interest, Financial Abuse, Whistleblower)
It's important to note:
- C.A.R.E.S. does not take the place of a formal therapeutic, legal or medical relationship with the clients we serve; however our CAs can refer you to the appropriate expert for long-term support.
- C.A.R.E.S. does not take the place of a crisis helpline or dialing 911, see our resources.
- C.A.R.E.S. only serves individuals aged 18 years or older.
- C.A.R.E.S. is currently limited to United States residents, however we are actively working to expand to Canada and beyond.
- C.A.R.E.S. is not just for movement artists, but also for parents, caregivers, teachers, coaches, and business owners.
Compassionate Advocates (CAs)
C.A.R.E.S. is run by our Compassionate Advocates (CAs), a diverse collective of doctors, psychologists, social workers, and advocates with roots in the movement arts who can offer you resources, education, and support, in a manner that is transparent, offers informed consent on the possible outcomes in seeking recovery and accountability, such as finding a therapist, support group, reporting, civil lawsuits, and more.
How It Works
1. Fill out our waiver.
The waiver explains the scope of service, important information on liability, confidentiality, requirements to receive access, and more.
2. Your request will be sent to one of our Compassionate Advocates (CAs), who will contact you by email within 24 to 72 hours of receiving your waiver to set up a free, confidential, one-on-one call.
Although we do need to collect some identifying information to initiate contact with you, all of your identifying information, including what is discussed in your session, will be kept confidential.
For any additional questions about the program, please email Kimberlee at email@example.com.
A Note to Survivors of Sexual Abuse
NEAMA sees you. You are not alone. We recognize the vulnerability and courage it takes to disclose and process sexual abuse and stand with you.
NEAMA is a division of EDIFY Movement, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Your financial gift will help NEAMA expand our mission and ability to better serve the members of our community. Donate now to help enrich the movement arts and combat physical, psychological and sexual abuse in our communities.